A remodel is a great way to improve your home’s look and feel while significantly boosting its value. When planning your project, you’ll need to consider a few essentials. In today’s post, Northside Construction Services, the expert on home repair in Lawrenceville, GA, shares the five deciding factors in a home remodel.
- Distance: How does your home look from the curb and how far away is it from your neighbors and the street? When planning a home remodel, you should consider projects that further enhance your home’s exterior. These projects generally offer a higher return on investment by boosting your property value. Northside Construction Services offers a range of exterior renovations that can enhance your curb appeal. You can count on us to upgrade your porch, add a bright and cheery sunroom, or paint your exterior with a fresher, livelier color.
- Deficiency: This refers to the features your home lacks compared to everyone else in the neighborhood. For example, if you only have one bathroom while your neighbors have two, this is considered a deficiency. Eliminating deficiencies is an important way to improve your home’s value. Add another bath space or spruce up an existing one through bathroom remodeling in Cumming, GA. Northside Construction Services can update your bath’s color scheme, upgrade its fixtures, and equip it with newer, and more functional additions.
- Distinctiveness: How does your home stand out from the others in the neighborhood? While you don’t want to stick out for the wrong reasons, incorporating upscale features into your home that distinguish it from your neighbors is a great way to increase your property value. We can install a beautiful deck or patio to give your home more character. Is a modern kitchen more predominant in neighboring homes? Switch yours up by investing in a classic all-white kitchen space. Features like these separate your home from the crowd and help stir interest.
- Demand: This means taking your neighborhoods home values and any of their remodeling actions into account when planning a home remodel. After all, a luxurious upgrade might not be as valuable if you live in a working-class community. Limit your remodel to projects that have a documented demand, like basement finishing in Johns Creek, GA.
- Degree: Be careful not to overdo your remodel. Instead, work on your project by degrees. Too many special features can actually have a reduced impact on value. Focus on projects that can further improve your lifestyle, with benefits you can enjoy for many years.
Improving your home’s value through remodeling is worry-free when you turn to Northside Construction Services. Call us today at (404) 392-5858 to get a free estimate.