Investing in a home addition is a practical way to improve your living space’s functionality and beauty. To ensure the project goes smoothly, stays on budget, and is completed to your satisfaction, it helps to make careful preparations.
Northside Construction Services, your trusted local home remodeling contractor, shares some tips:
- Determine Your Needs: Be clear with your goals. Make a list of the specific functions you want your new space to accommodate. You can count on us to provide you with a design that will meet your needs.
- Set a Realistic Budget: Create a budget that you feel comfortable with. It should include the hard cost of the project, property taxes, contingency funds, and utility expenses. If you have a particular design in mind but have insufficient means, don’t hesitate to inform us. We can help you come up with a solution that fits your budget while also meeting your design preferences.
- Hire a Reputable Contractor: The right contractor will carry valid licensing, insurance, and certifications as these imply their compliance to industry standards. You should also request customer referrals before hiring a company for your home remodeling project. At Northside Construction Services, we have a proven reputation and record of delivering exceptional work.
- Secure Legal Documents: Before you start your project, you’ll need to find a precise plot plan of your property. It should exhibit the property lines and the closeness of the existing and proposed buildings to those lines. This will ensure that your new addition is not constructed “outside” jurisdictional setbacks defined by local zoning laws. Failure to do this may put your investment at risk of demolition.
- Inform Your Neighbors: After settling on a schedule, inform your neighbors so they can prepare for any inconveniences that may occur. While working in your home, we’ll do our best to allow you to maintain your routine with minimal disruption.
You can count on Northside Construction Services for top-quality home remodeling and home painting services. With our many years of experience, we will come up with the best ways to improve your home’s functionality and beauty while staying within your budget. We serve Evans, Augusta and the surrounding communities in Georgia. Call us today at (404) 392-5858 or complete our form for a free quote.